Thursday, November 6, 2008

Be A Better Person For Obama



Yesterday, when I woke up, hung-over and hopeful, I felt like it was New Year's. A new day that I, in excitement and nervous anticipation, had celebrated too much for, and then eased into with both caution and earnest. I set out with new resolutions, because I want to be a better person for Obama. Your syndicated columnists have delivered the words you pay to read, about the future of the nation, race relations, the economy, and spirit; and I, your lowly blogger, free-of-charge, can only say what this new day means to me, and maybe, to you.

Today is my birthday; I'm 23! And Obama's victory was a wonderful present. The next time I celebrate, like, tonight or this weekend, ha, it will be an earned celebration of my coming-of-age as one who tries to be a more thoughtful, harder-working person. If Obama ever knew me, I'd want him to think such things about me. Chances are, he won't, but I can live and act for him, as though he were watching over me. You should do the same, and be thankful that we now have such a role-model and leader to guide us through the coming years.

No comments: