Friday, January 16, 2009

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em

Nah.
I think it's more like, "If you can't join 'em, beat 'em." One word: networking. That's how it begins. You pick your field of interest, and try to get attention from the people who are connected in said field. Then you bust your ass doing what you can to get them to invite you in, let you hang out, intern, and eventually, hire you, pay you, respect you?!

If after doing your best at this method, giving it all you got, sacrificing a bit of dignity, and still no cigar?! you probably will grow cynical and think, Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em in the ear; fuck 'em in the other ear. And then, you'll find yourself at "Beat 'Em." I'm going to do my own thing, I don't care what they think, I'm better.

Do not ask, like Ty in Clueless "If I'm better than him, then how come I'm not with him?" Because your social networkers, (Cher and Di) who tried to hook you up and failed, will not know what to tell you. They'll just smile awkwardly and rub your back as you cry.

1 comment:

Jamøn Serrano said...

so,

you're stripping down the layers of our very fabric of being and these are the inner workings of the lumbering beast we call 'modern-capitalist society?' I think the way things work is a tad distinct from this, because in reality, one gets lucky in one way or another or has their path revealed through perseverance.